Saturday, 11 January 2014

Life: 2014 Resolutions



I contemplated not even mentioning resolutions of 2014 but I thought I would jump on the New Year bandwagon!
I don't have resolutions as such, more like aims for 2014 and I must confess they are probably very similar to other peoples....

"There's nothing better than live music. It's raw energy, and raw energy feeds the soul."
A fair few people have gone with seeing more live music and I'm glad, we need to appreciate it more. Watching artists perform live is probably my favourite thing to do, I have two gigs booked for February and I am planning on attending many more as the year goes on. whether it's a mega star at a full-blown arena venue or an new band at a more intimate place, I cannot wait! I pretty much described the two I currently have planned; Taylor Swift at O2 Arena and 5 Seconds of Summer at Shepherds Bush Empire. (BTW I saw 5 Seconds of Summer in November last year and did a cheeky review)

"Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family."
It is so much harder to see my friends and family then I wish it was and in all honesty then it should be. My boyfriend lives in Devon, one of my best friends lives in Birmingham and the other in York, my older sister lives in Bristol whereas my mum and little sister live in the Midlands! It is so tricky (and expensive) to make my way around the country, it costs far too much money, takes far too much time and is far more complicated then I wish it was! But in all honesty, it is worth it. "We must learn to appreciate what we have right now, before times forces us to appreciate what we had."

“If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.”
I love to write (duh) but I swear I have been writing the same novel for the past fifteen years! My aim this year is to write more then just one chapter! 
As for reading, I love finding a book I just can't put down, I am currently on my 3rd John Green novel; Will Grayson, Will Grayson and I plan on reading many more in 2014. If you haven't already check the guy out, I have read The Fault in Our Stars and Looking For Alaska, check out my review of the first here and I want to keep reading more and more :D

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
I was bought a guitar for my birthday last year and after attempting to teach myself to play (I failed) I have decided to have some lessons, even if it's just one or two. Whether or not I will be able to afford this anytime soon is the true question as I know it isn't cheap. But I have wanted to learn for so long now and I can just tell how much I will love it when I finally pick it up.


What are your New Years Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment